2022 NHSA Annual Meeting
The National Human Services Assembly is hosting our 2022 Annual Meeting to be held virtually on Wednesday, June 22 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM Eastern. The meeting will include updates on the “good trouble” we have been causing over the last year, with remarks from Victor Valentine, NHSA Executive Director; Jeff Fleischer, NHSA Board Chair; and Darlyne Bailey, NHSA Vice Chair.
The theme for this year’s event is centered on addressing the current human service sector workforce crisis, featuring a conversation highlighting the expertise from among our leading member organizations and affiliates.
Included among the topics discussed will be:
- The state of the human service sector’s workforce
- Recruitment, wages, and reimbursement rates
- Workforce inequities and the impact on frontline workers
- Resiliency strategies and pathways forward
- Current advocacy efforts underway
Panelists for the session will be:
- Mary Ann (Mimi) Haley, PhD, Executive Director, National Youth Employment Coalition
- Denise Harlow, CCAP, Chief Executive Officer, National Community Action Partnership
- Karen Johnson, MSW, Senior Director of the Change in Mind Institute, Social Current
- Nicole Jorwic, Chief of Advocacy & Campaigns, Caring Across Generations
- Lupi Quinteros-Grady, President & CEO, Latin American Youth Center
As an added bonus, panelists and other human service sector leaders will be available toward the end for a post-presentation “Sector Speak-Out Session” where the dialogue will continue, and your voice can be heard through an engaged Q&A format.
We hope to see you there! Register now.
>> See highlights from last year’s annual meeting, including a special keynote from HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra.