Tools and Publications
Tools and Publications to Support Your Reframing Work
Special COVID-19 Reframing Resources:
- Sample Messages for advocacy and fundraising during the pandemic
- On-Demand Webinar: Human Service Messaging During the COVID-19 Crisis
National Reframing Initiative Resources:
- National Reframing Human Services Initiative One-Pager, 2018 – Learn about the background of the project and the tools available
- Tip Sheets on Individualism and Fatalism – Follow these guides to avoid cuing up these strongly-held beliefs
- Reframing Network Newsletters – Over 100 previously published newsletters offer practical tips for reframing, additional resources and explanations, and examples from the field
FrameWorks Institute Resources
The National Assembly commissioned FrameWorks to create a number of products to help disseminate their findings and recommendations throughout the human service sector.
- The Building a New Narrative on Human Services Toolkit, November 2015 – This free, comprehensive resource includes talking points, tips for professionals looking to increase their comfort level with communicating using the new frame, Frequently Asked Questions, and background information on the research informing the recommendations.
- Talking Human Services: A FrameWorks MessageMemo, November 2015 – This MessageMemo charts a course through the dominant patterns of reasoning employed by the public about human services, identifies the major challenges for those communicating about related topics, and recommends how to redirect messages to improve public understanding and increase support for this field.
- Handed to Them on a Plate: Mapping the Gaps Between Expert and Public Understandings of Human Services, July 2013 – This report examines how the perspectives of experts and the public differ on the function of human services and the meaning of well-being.
In addition to the tools commissioned by the National Assembly, FrameWorks has a wealth of resources to help human service professionals more effectively engage audiences on a range of topics relevant to the sector. We encourage you to weave these evidence-based, tailored recommendations into your communications.
- Budgets & Taxes
- Children & Youth, including the Framing Child & Youth Development MessageBrief (March 2015), which FrameWorks created for the National Assembly and the National Collaboration for Youth
- Juvenile Justice
This initiative has been generously funded by The Kresge Foundation and Annie E. Casey Foundation.