Public Policy and Operations Internship
Public Policy and Operations, Fall Semester 2018
Reports to: Chief Program and Strategy Officer
Purpose of Position:
The Operations and Policy Intern (Intern) position is designed to provide a learning opportunity to an interested and qualified student. The Intern would assist with operational activities (including meetings and events) and public policy activities (supporting the development of web-based product designed to track pending legislation and coalition activities related to the human services sector).
• Assist with research, data analyses, and written content to support National Assembly’s human service public policy grant project
• Assist with the data collection process through internet research, peer surveys and interviews and input information into a database
• Remain up to date about National Assembly’s, and National Assembly members’, policy priorities and provide analysis/research support for these needs
• Provide logistical support for meetings and assist the Chief Program and Strategy Officer
• Assist with other tasks that fit within a learning plan, as agreed upon with supervisor/advisor.
• Graduate student or junior/senior undergraduate
• Students majoring in public policy or nonprofit management preferred
• Must be able to work onsite at the National Assembly office in downtown Washington, D.C.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Previous experience with any of the above activities is a plus, but not required
Duration: Fall 2018; total of 10 to 12 weeks, depending on candidate’s semester schedule
Hours: 20 to 25 hours per week during the fall semester 2018; flexible between Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Compensation: No compensation; can be used for college credit if approved by candidate’s institution
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.